It takes several visits to your website before visitors will want to do business with you. If you make it easy for them to get to know, like and trust you, your products and services, this decision process can be speeded up and they will buy a lot sooner. Here are some ways to make that happen:
1) Post testimonials and positive reviews for your products and services on the Home page. A good location is in the right or left column.
2) Offer a Money-Back Guarantee for everything that you sell.
3) Give stuff away. Create a "Tips" newsletter, offer a free subscription and use an opt-in coupon on the Home page to collect your visitors' email addresses.
4) Place great content on your site. What is "great content?"
Useful, timely tips that can really help people out. Turn your site into a critical information resource and you will be very well rewarded. People will appreciate your help and they will come back many times for more.
5) Make it easy for people to buy your products and services.
This may sound obvious but on many websites, it's actually not easy to buy what is being offered.
6) Be very clear about what it is that you are offering and go into detail about all the ways that we can benefit from using your products and services.
7) Display your contact info at the top of every page of your site to make it easy to get in touch with you.
8) Place a "Call to Action" on every web page. Examples: "Click Here to Order" or "Call 800-123-45678 to Order."
9) Open a Google Analytics Account for your website and study their monthly traffic reports to see who is coming to your site and how long visitors are viewing each web page. This is critical information that can tell you which pages are working, which ones are not and what changes need to be made.
10) Study all your competitors' websites for new ideas on ways to improve your site.
Follow the simple tips above and you will convert many more visitors into buyers, regular customers and long-term clients.
Copyright © 2012-2016 Mort Kantor